Accelerate your local energy transition by supporting the set-up of energy communities
Call for replication – Apply now!
BECKON supports a wider range of local authorities, energy agencies and energy communities in starting out or proceeding in their efforts to support collective energy actions. Therefore, BECKON launched an open call for replication on 16 October 2023. The goal is to enable local authorities to set up TAOs and to familiarize them with the concept of energy communities, empower them to create spaces for such citizen-centred energy projects and support them.
We invite local authorities, municipalities in cooperation with energy communities and energy agencies to apply for the open call for replication to receive the following support and service package and come on a learning journey with LIFE-BECKON:
- Access to the LIFE-BECKON One-Stop-Shop (OSS) platform providing guidance to information, documents, templates you need for your specific needs; in addition, you get access to our pilots community and to experts who can assist you
- Participation in 3 four-hours-workshops in which you learn from our pilots how to run a successful OSS and about adequate business models, legal frameworks etc.
- 3 Webinars / trainings + 15 Direct one-hour support sessions / mentoring session + 1 Webinar on how to use OSS
- Technical & commercial assistance
- Information in your local language (“How to”-technical paper for public authorities; Country-specific guidelines for replicating OSS locally)
- Access and exchange with the networks of Climate Alliance, the Covenant of Mayors and the Climate Pact
Who can apply?
Applicants can either be municipalities by themselves, municipalities in cooperation with energy communities, local authorities such as regions by themselves or in cooperation with energy communities and local or regional energy agencies looking to support energy communities.
The deadline for applications is 15 February 2024. Applicants will be selected soon after, and the learning programme will start in March 2024.
Be part of a huge community driving forward the energy transition via energy communities!
About the LIFE BECKON project
The LIFE BECKON project is a European project funded by the LIFE programme, which is dedicated to enable municipalities to better support energy communities in their territories by setting up Technical Assistance Offices (TAO). Currently, LIFE BECKON is implementing TAOs in three local authorities that are piloting the activity: Copenhagen in Denmark, the Province of Ávila in Spain and Sofia’s energy agency in Bulgaria.
Technical Assistance Offices can be part of the local authorities’ administration and support initiatives and citizens in setting up energy communities.
Energy communities represent a disruptive opportunity to achieve a just and climate-friendly energy system. An energy community is a community that works and invests together to develop a sustainable energy system to enhance quality of life and economic competitiveness of a local context, empowering people by connecting sustainable energy, local economic development, and public wellbeing.