Climate Alliance Working Group on Financing
In order to stimulate exchange and concrete proposals related to financing, Climate Alliance has launched a working group on financing on 24 May in the context of its Annual Conference in St.Gallen. The objective of the working group is twofold: to exchange on the local financing solutions and mechanisms; and to influence the new EU budget 2014-2020 in particular showing the funding needs of local authorities in energy and climate related actions.
Why working group on financing?
This is a moment when the new EU budget 2014-2020 is widely discussed in Europe. Now is the time for local authorities to formulate concrete needs on how the funding instruments should be shaped. The new budget already has a strong focus on energy and climate related funding. However, it is crucial to demonstrate the strong need for energy and climate related funding, so that the high ambitions remain within the budget proposal also after the debates carried out within the European Parliament and the Council.
- Climate and energy related funding in EU budget 2014-2020, pdf 205 KB
- Briefing on Cohesion Policy Funding Instruments 2014-2020, pdf 104 KB
- Covenant of Mayors webinar: What perspectives for sustainable energy funding in the future EU budget?
- Cohesion Policy support for Sustainable Energy; Maud SKÄRINGER, DG REGIO, pdf 1,4 MB
Tasks of the working group
1) Collect and exchange on examples of innovative funding solutions. Regular examples will be demonstrated under ‘Our members activities’
3) Respond to consultations and actively promote innovative funding solutions towards the European Commission
- Response to consultation ‘Financial Support for Energy Efficiency in Buildings’, pdf 431 KB
- Background: Consultation on the future of Intelligent Energy Europe programme
- Climate Alliance’s Statement on the Future of the Intelligent Energy Europe programme
4) Participate in discussions currently on-going at the European Parliament - and other forums - related to the EU budget 2014-2020
- Amendment proposals on Horizon 2020, pdf 385 KB (sent to the European Parliament in June 2012)
- Smart Cities and Communities - Working Group on Financing
- On 10 September Climate Alliance was invited to officially join the Build Up Initiative. We invite you to check the Financing Schemes section of the portal.
5) Organise events and meetings related to financing
- Launch of the Climate Alliance working group on financing on 24 May in St.Gallen (CH),
pdf 294 KB
- "Innovative financing and supporting the green economy agenda" outcomes (pdf 411 KB) and presentations of the joint event on 21 June in European Sustainable Energy Week
- Presentation by Roman Doubrava on existing and new EU funding scheme, 21 June 2012, pdf 727 KB.