Our Activities: European Policy
Climate Alliance Office in Brussels
Since 2007 Climate Alliance runs a permanent office in Brussels, in the heart of the European quarter. A small but dedicated team in the Brussels Office leads the EU policy work and advocates the important role of local governments in climate policy. The Brussels Office represents the Climate Alliance, and its members, towards the EU institutions with a strong belief that local authorities are key actors in shaping climate and energy policies.
Our main missions and activities
- We convey messages of Climate Alliance members to the European Institutions: Climate Alliance represents your interests during various events in Brussels organized by the European Commission (DG Energy, Climate Action, Mobility and Transport, Environment) and the European Parliament.
- We influence the decisions made by the EU institutions to strengthen the role of Local Authorities in Climate Change Policies: Climate Alliance follows-up the EU institutions' policies, participates in the relevant consultation processes and publishes position papers and policy recommendations. Climate Alliance also cooperates with relevant local authority networks.
- We provide our members with the latest information on the European Funds for local Climate Protection, and disseminate information concerning key policy debates, programmes and calls for proposals.
- In partnership with four other local government networks, Climate Alliance runs the Covenant of Mayors Office (CoMO).
What’s New in Brussels?
- Intelligent Energy Europe programme has passed the vote inside the European Parliament
- Intelligent Energy Europe III: An essential sub-programme of Horizon 2020 to trigger local and regional innovation